Wednesday, April 12, 2006

FW: Another Scam


My mom can be described as a Sender of Forwards. Once in a while she forgets she sends them and sends them again. Sometimes it drives me nuts, but sometimes -- when I actually feel guilty about not e-mailing forwards to "at least 10 people" -- I send them to her to do my dirty work because I know she'll pass them along to everyone for me. This has a two-fold purpose:
  1. I don't have to feel embarrassed about sending "another forward."
  2. My e-mail conscience is clear because I have indirectly sent a forward to tons of people.
ANYWAY, the point of this is to say that my mom actually sent a worthwhile forward to me last week. Here it is:

Like you, I hate it when people forward bogus warnings. But this one is important. Please forward to those you care about. If someone comes to your front door saying they are conducting a survey on deer ticks and asks you to take your clothes off and dance around with your arms up, DO NOT DO IT!! IT IS A SCAM. They only want to see you naked.

I wish I'd gotten this yesterday. I feel so stupid now.


Thing I'm thankful for: soggy MacDonald's fries -- yum!

4 Comments:

Blogger SoSoSteph said...

So that was just to see me in the BUFF???

I should have known.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

I LOVE the Sender of Fowards! There is always a treat in my mailbox from her!! Even if it is the 6th time that forward was sent to me.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Ha ha! Dance around naked with your arms up! Oh, man. I laughed out loud with that one.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That one goes on Mom's Top Ten Forward list. It's classic.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home