Wednesday, April 12, 2006

FW: Another Scam


My mom can be described as a Sender of Forwards. Once in a while she forgets she sends them and sends them again. Sometimes it drives me nuts, but sometimes -- when I actually feel guilty about not e-mailing forwards to "at least 10 people" -- I send them to her to do my dirty work because I know she'll pass them along to everyone for me. This has a two-fold purpose:
  1. I don't have to feel embarrassed about sending "another forward."
  2. My e-mail conscience is clear because I have indirectly sent a forward to tons of people.
ANYWAY, the point of this is to say that my mom actually sent a worthwhile forward to me last week. Here it is:

Like you, I hate it when people forward bogus warnings. But this one is important. Please forward to those you care about. If someone comes to your front door saying they are conducting a survey on deer ticks and asks you to take your clothes off and dance around with your arms up, DO NOT DO IT!! IT IS A SCAM. They only want to see you naked.

I wish I'd gotten this yesterday. I feel so stupid now.


Thing I'm thankful for: soggy MacDonald's fries -- yum!

5 Comments:

Blogger Steph2def said...

So that was just to see me in the BUFF???

I should have known.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

I LOVE the Sender of Fowards! There is always a treat in my mailbox from her!! Even if it is the 6th time that forward was sent to me.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Ha ha! Dance around naked with your arms up! Oh, man. I laughed out loud with that one.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous lexia said...

That one goes on Mom's Top Ten Forward list. It's classic.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Judd said...

Blasted forwards! That deer tick survey racket was great while it lasted. Especially in the summertime in Georgia, where the heat means people are already looking for any excuse to disrobe and spin around.

Judd

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home