Wednesday, February 12, 2020

It's That Time Again . . .

Time for the Oscar-nominated live action short films!!!

I look forward to February every year because of the shorts. (See Oscar-nominated Shorts, or the Film Industry's Best Kept Secret.) They're only shown at your friendly indie movie theater, and I love that. Well, actually, I don't know if I love that because it means not as many people have the opportunity to see the shorts, and boy are they missing out!

The nominees this year are wonderful yet again, and I'm going to spoil it for you and tell you which short won the award because I want you to watch the filmmaker's acceptance speech. So. The winner was "The Neighbor's Window." Here's the acceptance speech:



Is that not a lovely speech? I liked the part at the end: "A well-told story is a powerful thing. It can change the way we see the world and it can help us to notice other people and care about those other people and maybe love each other a little bit more."

I believe that. Truly. And that's what "The Neighbor's Window" did. It spread a little bit of love.

Now go watch it! Find out where the live action shorts are playing near you and go!


Thing I'm thankful for: my co-worker Jacquie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home