Thursday, February 06, 2020

Changing Tires

Well, I finally learned how to change a tire. I'd learned when I was in my mid-20s but never had a real need to commit it to memory, so I quickly forgot.

A few weeks ago, Daryl had to put Winter tires on one of his cars, so I helped him with all four tires. He probably could've done it all by himself twice as fast, but he spent the time to teach me and I'm really grateful for that. Also, I was reminded how much I love doing work with my hands. I also love putting things together. Machines, puzzles, Legos, flat-pack furniture -- you name it. It's so gratifying.

(It's also fun to get dirty with grease or paint or dust and then wash it all off afterward. I dunno. Maybe I'm just weird.)



Thing I'm thankful for: learning new things

2 Comments:

Blogger JessicaW said...

Hard work using my hands is so gratifying! I love it,too!

6:17 PM  
Blogger cardlady said...

It comes from my side of the family, and Dad's dad, Max, to get down and dirty with your hands!

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home