Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Things I'm Thankful For

This Thanksgiving was one of particular importance. I have so much to be thankful for right now. So, so much. Something you might want to know before reading my list, though, is that I had yet another surgery. Yes––less than two weeks ago. To remove more abnormal tissue––this time on my right kidney.

Things I'm Thankful For
  • Not having cancer
  • Being able to perform basic bodily funtions
    • Urinating on my own
    • Having a bowel movement post-surgery
  • Nurses who know how to get a catheter in on the first try
  • Wonderful doctors!
  • Parents who come to visit
  • A mom who makes meals when I'm recovering
  • Medical glue
  • Peeling medical glue off!
  • Leggings!
  • Friends who send food!
  • Friends who make delicious butternut squash soup
  • Nieces and nephews who decorate my Christmas tree for me
  • Hot chocolate
  • Space heaters
  • Binding cloths
  • Lightly salted Lays potato chips
  • An understanding and compassionate manager
  • Forgiveness
  • Prayer
  • Stacks of magazines
  • Snow
  • Christmas lights
  • Pictures on Hangouts
  • Fuzzy blankets
  • Boots that don't require tying the shoelaces
  • A heavy winter coat
  • Flowers!

And everything in between.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your post, Sara. I'm so glad to hear you don't have cancer and to see you recovering so quickly.

Thing I'm Thankful For: YOU!

1:05 PM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Im thrilled you dont have cancer and we can put this behind us! Now GO and DO whatever you want, for the rest of your life!Love you, Mom💖

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home