Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sochi 2014: Pairs Figure Skating

I had all of these blog posts forming in my mind about a week ago, when this year's Winter Olympics were about to start, and now I have even more!  What do I tell you about, readers?  My thoughts on the opulence of Olympic opening ceremonies?  The poorly-constructed half pipe for the snowboarders?  My eagerness to catch up on Russian literature?  No, no, no.  I'll save those for another day.

What I want to talk about tonight is pairs figure skating.  Wow!  What a show, eh?  I mean, really—the individual skating is just not what it once was.  At least, it wasn't during the Vancouver Olympics.  But pairs skating!  It really has gotten beautiful over the years.  Take a look at this, why don't you?



This is not Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov's Olympic performance, but it's the same program they used to medal tonight.  They placed second, but I liked them better than their fellow Russians, Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov, who won first place.  They were so fun to watch, and every part of their program was clean.  The music was fantastic, as were their costumes.  It was just an all-around good show.  I'm already excited for the 2018 Games.

:)


Thing I'm thankful for: watching the Olympics with MommyDaddy.  What fun we have.  :)

1 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

I do like watching Winter Olympics with you!
Wish we had an ice skating rink around. Lol like I could actually skate with two knee replacements!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home