Friday, May 06, 2005

Next Best Actor of My Generation

This may be a bit soon for a post on the response to the Johnny Depp post, but ummm...I want to get a picture of Matt Damon on here. :)
There were only a few comments on that last one, but the list of actors was long. You all agreed that Johnny Depp was great, but you added other names to the list. Here they are:

Edward Norton -- he plays a really good loser, doesn't he?
Topher Grace -- a bit inexperienced to be called "the best" perhaps, but who am I to say someone is inexperienced, really? And I think after "In Good Company," we can expect good things from him. Besides, he really is good in "That 70s Show," afterall.
Tim Robbins -- hmmm...it was said by the person who mentioned him that he might be a bit old to be counted in this poll, but I checked and he's only 5 years older than Depp
Sean Penn -- good, but I don't think he should've won an Oscar for "Mystic River." He was better in "I am Sam."
Gary Sinise -- an all-around good guy.
Don Cheadle -- hmmm, I haven't seen many movies, but I did like his accent in "Ocean's 11." I thought it was great, but then again, who am I to say whether his British accent was great? (By the way, I thought "Ocean's 12" was kind of a bust. What was the deal with the Julia Roberts scenario? Puh-lease.)
Adam Sandler
Jimmy Fallon

I have to add that these last two were listed by my sisters. The Snow girls really do have a thing for comedians. :)
There's also one person I did NOT put on the list, and that's because I'm highlighting him specifically. He's Matt Damon. I'm still not so sure how he compares to Johnny Depp, but I will say this: he was excellent in "The Talented Mr. Ripley." And please, let's NOT forget his cameo in "Mystic Pizza." HELLO!

1 Comments:

Blogger Blake said...

I'm surprised to see Topher on there. He's like a male version of Helen Hunt...he alwasy stars as himself. Don't get me wrong, I think he's very entertaining and fun to watch, but I judge an "actor" to be someone who plays others well not just their own charasmatic self.

I'll second the Don Cheadle nomination. His performance on Hotel Rwanda was great (especially when he breaks down. good stuff)

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home