Monday, April 11, 2005

Childhood Associations to Weather

Except for the yellow film of pollen covering everything (for those of you who don't live in Georgia, the pollen is so thick on my windshield each day, that I have to wipe it clean before I drive...), today really reminded me of being a kid. There was this smell in the air or some kind of feeling about the wind that reminded me of walking to school in Oklahoma. It was neat but also sad. It left me wanting to be a kid in the springtime -- making mudpies, swinging on monkey bars, and just running around on nice grass. That last one reminds me of my nieces running around at Piedmont Park. What is it that is so fun about just running? They ran from one point to another and back again and loved it. Hmmm...maybe I should go out and just run. Like Forrest Gump... Nah.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, every once in a while I get the same feeling. The weather is just like Oklahoma on some days and it reminds me of younger days. I think you should run like Phoebe did on that one episode of Friends. She went jogging with Rachel in the park. Her way of running was to run like a kid. It was funny!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In "Chariots of Fire", One of the characters ran for God in the 1924 Olympics. He said running made him feel like God, or feel the power of God, or, um, err, this would have been an interesting comment if I could remember what the character said about running. Anyway, it was something about how it made him relate with God.

Lex

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is wrong with OKLA weather!!


-Chris Lawson

3:05 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Nothing's wrong with it. It's just different. I dunno how to explain it, but when you're away from OK for a while, you can tell a difference. I LOVE that difference!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home