Thursday, October 30, 2014

Movie Review: The Way Way Back


I like movies about love, especially non-romantic love. About a Boy, for instance, is a great movie about the love between friends. Dan in Real Life portrays perfectly the love between a father and his daughters. In Her Shoes captures the highs and lows of sisterly love.*

The Way Way Back feels like those movies. It tells the story of the love between friends and between a mother and son. I really like that. I like, too, that the closure we get at the end is the sense that everything's gonna be alright. Not perfect, but alright.

If you're like me and didn't see this movie a year ago when it was released, then watch it now. (You can check it out for free on Amazon right now.)


*I think it's important to point out that three out of the four movies I listed include Toni Collette in the cast. She really is a wonderful actress.


Thing I'm thankful for: birthday flowers

2 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

Toni Collette is amazing. But Sam Rockwell really made that movie for me.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Sumsum said...

It is such a good movie

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home