Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Lindt Chocolate Balls

As I packed my bags to leave Georgia, I told my sister, "I can't fit everything in!  So I'm getting rid of most of this Christmas candy . . .  Jeremy got me these, but he doesn't know I don't really like caramel."

"Sorry."

That voice wasn't my sister's!  Summer and I were both startled -- Jeremy was lying on the couch next to us, but we both thought he was asleep!  Apparently, he was completely conscious!  So he had heard me say it.  He heard me disparage a small part of his Christmas gift to me.  We all laughed, of course, but I felt bad.  I sheepishly tried to regain some footing, and Summer said, "You really should try them, Sara; they're so good!"

So I unwrapped one and took a bite.  Just as I thought: not good.

"What do you think?" Summer asked, as she and Jeremy both looked at me expectantly.

"Eh.  It's alright," I lied.

Here's the thing:  I don't like Lindt chocolate balls.  I thought I just didn't like the caramel ones, but I don't like any of them.  Ever.  I saved a few from my Christmas stocking to try later, but after eating them tonight, I've gotta say -- they're not my favorite chocolates.  Maybe it's the amount of wax Lindt must have to use to get the round shape just right . . .  Maybe it's the crazy difference in texture -- it's almost startling the way the center of the ball is so soft . . .  I think it's too soft!  I dunno . . .  Something about Lindt balls is completely unappealing to me.  I tried to like them because everyone else seems to, but I don't.  I just don't.


Thing I'm thankful for: Dove dark chocolate with almonds.  It's the best cheap chocolate on the market.  Hands down, bar none -- the best.  Get me that for Christmas, willya!  ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Biting them was your first mistake!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

What?!? Are you serious?!!?!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yay! I hate them too! I also hate the Ferrero too so I have major problems. Personal I have gone to British chocolate. I still eat M&Ms because I find that I can resist eating too many. The real question is galaxy or UK cadbury :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

I like them and most chocolates.
Funny story.hahaha

10:02 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Wish I had one now!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like Lindt chocolates and in fact I have become addicted to it and can't think of my weekend without them.....

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Mike Adams said...

Lindt Chocolate is the best, isn't it?

It's always better to suck and savour that beautiful creamy flavour, though, hehe...

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home