Wednesday, July 18, 2012

2012: The Year of the Thief

I just got some bad news.  On Saturday, I accidentally left some pretty important things in a friend's car.  Her car was broken into last night, and my stuff was stolen.  It wasn't terribly expensive stuff, but it was extremely meaningful.*

It reminded me of the break-in earlier this year.  And this was the thought that went through my mind:  "When will this year not stink?"  I recognize that I have much to be grateful for in life, but negative thoughts keep cropping up lately.  And nightmares!  Oh, the nightmares and restless sleep.  Those things have been problems, too, lately.  I can't seem to figure out what is wrong . . .  I know I can do better -- be better.  I'm not perfect, and even if I was, I'm not entitled to more than the average person.  But something incredible better be around the corner because this has been the worst year since I was 27!


*In fact, it was temple clothing.  In LDS temples, we wear only white.  (My temple dress was a plain, but pretty white dress.)  From LDS.org:
In the temple there are private dressing rooms where you change out of your Sunday clothing and put on white clothing. This change of clothing serves as a reminder that you are temporarily leaving the world behind and entering a holy place. White clothing symbolizes purity, and the fact that all are dressed alike in the temple creates a sense of unity and equality.


Thing I'm thankful for: my peppy new fingernail polish aaaaand . . . my health

5 Comments:

Anonymous Barry said...

Sorry you were robbed again, Sara. That really blows. Hopefully, the second half the year will be better for you.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Danny said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Danny said...

People steal stuff out of our fridge here at the dorm all the time. When I first got here I had bacon and yogurt stolen. Then I decided to just not buy any good looking food - it seemed to solve the problem pretty well :/

11:42 AM  
Blogger colleensewnsew said...

Hi Sara,
It is so good to read about your life -- I've missed talking to you. Hope you are doing well, minus the thefts. One of my favorite Neal Maxwell quotes, "We expect life to be all green lights and a parking spot in front of our destination". I hate it when I have a few red lights, or a bad parking space.

12:09 PM  
Blogger A Frost said...

I had my temple clothing stolen about 6 years ago from my car. It was terrible!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home