Monday, January 17, 2011

Gone to Texas, Part Four

Nearly six years ago, I started this blog because I planned on getting a job in New York City. I was going to live with my sister in her cute East Village apartment, and I was going to blog about all the wonderful and exciting things I would do. I was going to use a blog to let my family and friends know what I was up to in The Big Apple.

Of course you know now that that was not how my life panned out. I stayed in Georgia and found interesting things to post about there. I think I mostly wrote my musings and posted pictures of the parties I threw or events I attended.

I will keep doing all of that, but now, I will use this blog as I originally intended: to let my family and friends know what I am doing in another part of the world. So first things first:

I made it to Austin. It was odd to come "home" to an empty and unfamiliar apartment. Even with my things here, it doesn't feel quite right. Hopefully in a few weeks, things will be better, and I'll be more optimistic about this move. I don't really have time to be too sad, anyway, because school starts tomorrow. My first class is Introduction to Programming. What a class to begin with, eh?


Thing I'm thankful for: surprise notes from mom

7 Comments:

Anonymous Francoise said...

Welcome to Austin! Sorry the weather hasn't been all that bright. Good luck with your studies. What ward are you going to?

10:40 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Mt. Bonnell!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Em T said...

I was looking for a good lolcat for you, but I couldn't find one:(

Good luck anyway!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Jason Kesler said...

Where in Austin are you living? I was there a couple years ago, visiting. Some good music and food there. Hope class went well and that you settle in soon.

8:45 AM  
Blogger michele said...

Good luck Sara! I'm excited for you. And I'm glad you made it safely. When I drove myself from Iowa to Georgia I talked on the phone and sang along to my music too! It's hard staying awake when you're driving by yourself, isn't it?

I hope your first day of school goes well. I'm glad you're keeping us updated!

3:15 PM  
Blogger David and Jessica Wakefield said...

Good luck in Austin! I loved San Antonio. I hope you enjoy life in Texas. Good luck with school!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Heather S. said...

We miss you already! Sorry we couldnt' say goodbye! I hope this change brings wonderful things to you in your life. Austin will be blessed to have Sara Snow there! Have fun and enjoy!

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home