Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Busy!

I don't know what boredom feels like anymore. (Well, really, I don't know if people should get bored past reading age . . .) There is just so much to do lately -- professionally and personally. Work is okay, and I'd rather be busy than not, but I do have a lot going on with various projects. Personally, I have a lot going on in my head and at home and at church. It just feels like there's not enough time in the day sometimes! (Is that why I'm not getting enough sleep? Because I'm sort of making time by not going to bed?)

My natural inclination is to just forget about everything and read. Read The Count till my heart's content. (I'm almost done!) But I can't. I have to be an adult and get stuff done. And I know that really, the best thing to do when I am busy, is to just do! Check off things from my list!

But apart from doing, what helps you, readers? How do you manage life when it seems unmanageable? Or when you seem like you just can't keep it together?

I'm talking about practical advice here. Are there things you do each day that help you? Are there Web resources? Are there more helpful tools from that company that makes superb to-do notepads? (Yes! Yes, there are! Thank goodness for the Internets. Check out knockknock.biz now!)

If you can think of anything, please -- comment! By all means, comment!


Thing I'm thankful for: downtime

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

i found your blog! i have no advice (come on, it's me) but i wanted to tell you that i love you. and that you're my idol.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Dracoverde said...

Prioritize, then pick a few things (no more than 5) and just get them done, and move on to the next few things on your master list.

If you have a long term project do a little on it every day no matter what, and you will find a sense of progress.

These are things that, when I do them, make me I feel a sense of success and a release of stress.

Oh, and if I manage to get things done I still don't want to sleep, there is always something cool to read. (Currently reading "The Measure of All Things" despite all of my school work and projects)

10:13 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

In the movie About A Boy, the main character divides his time up into 30(or was it 15?) min. increments and it surprisingly fits a lot of stuff into one day. I've never been able to stick to mine longer than a week, because of kids I guess, but it really made me feel productive, especially when all I want to do is read as well!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I like to make lists. Lots and lots of lists.

As I check each thing off, I feel little burdens starting to lift from my shoulders.

I hope you're able to find a way to get it all done and still maintain your sanity!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home