Thursday, November 15, 2007

Project Runway


After a year of no show, "Project Runway" is back! The season premiere was Wednesday night. I was so excited to watch it, and even more excited to watch it with Lauren. How I love to watch the designers create a piece of wearable art! How I love to hear Tim Gunn say, "Alright designers -- carry on." And oh, how I love to mimic Heidi Klum's German accent: Lexia, you're in. I'm sorry, but Sara, you're out. Wiedersehen.

And boom! With a simple German goodbye, the contestant is out on the crowded streets of Designer-land, where nearly everyone goes by unnoticed.

Ah, it's TV at its finest!

Or is it? As I sat on Lauren's couch with her dog Franklin sniffing at me, I wasn't as interested in the show as I once was. It was probably a huge mixture of things (not having talked to Lauren in a long time, being one of them), but I just wanted to talk and interact with someone in real time. TV just doesn't interest me the way it used to. Even my favorite contemporary show! I'm sure I'll watch it again next week, but I wonder if I'll still feel the same. I'll let you know . . .

Readers, what are you watching/not watching lately?


Thing I'm thankful for: eerily quiet nights that force you to spend the night in solitude? Yes, actually. It's painful sometimes, but right good for the soul. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather S. said...

we've been enjoying watching Chuck on Monday nights. I like the Singing Bee show as well. I like watching Project Runway as well, when Ryan lets me!

8:25 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

SARA! Dad watched that one with me. He was really interested. He kept saying, you could do that!
hahahah He watched and then would try to walk away and then kept coming back and he did quite a good impression of all the gay guys. funny. MOM

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home