Wednesday, September 07, 2005

One and a Half NY Celebrity Sightings

Lexia and I went to The Magnolia Bakery again last night. This time we went with our mommy. Mommy couldn't walk that far, so we took a cab. As we were getting out and walking onto the sidewalk, Lexia loudly whispered, "Sara! C'mere quick!" I turned around just in time to see the back of Mike Myers, who was walking away. Lexia said she might've said something to him, but she didn't "register" that it was him until he had walked past her. I told her she should've sung (in a Scottish accent), "If you want my body, and you think I'm sexy. . ." Hmm. . . too bad. I had my camera with me. One thing I will mention is that Mike (Now that I've seen his back, I'm on a first-name basis with him.) was wearing a black long-sleeved sweater. Talk about HOT! How one can wear a sweater in this weather is beyond me! But he is a little guy. . .

Today, Martin Scorsese and his crew were filming a movie on Lexia's street. When I talk about "Lexia's street," I mean a few buildings down from hers, and when I say "a movie," I mean "The Departed," a movie starring Matt Damon, Leonardo Di Caprio, and Jack Nicholson, among others. Ca-RAZY! I was thisclose to seeing one of my favorites (Matt Damon)! And although, Lexia, Lauren, and I were obligated to pass by the building several times today, we did not see any of these people. But I was SO close, and we did see their trailers! This qualifies me saying that this was a half-sighting, I think.

Or maybe I should say that was definitely NOT a sighting, and the back of Mike Myers was a half-sighting. But then I'd have to change the name of this post to "A Half NY Celebrity Sighting," and then you probably wouldn't want to read it.

Thing I'm thankful for today: Looza Apple-Cherry Juice.

Addendum: Lexia just informed me that I did see another celebrity -- today. It was James Iah (or however you spell his name) from Smashing Pumpkins. I didn't really see him, though, Lexia did. I saw the back of him, which seems to be my lot in the celebrity sighting life -- seeing the backs of people, I mean. Anway, James was with his dog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy...i saw him when i was in new york (james iha, that is).

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home