Thursday, September 08, 2005

Ode to Mommy


I am supposed to be back in Georgia right now. But about an hour before mom and I were scheduled to leave, I got a call from a lady at one of the publishing houses I applied to, and she wanted to meet me for an interview. The place is in NY, so you know what THAT meant: quick decision. Should I stay, or should I go? Well, obviously, I stayed. Let me just say now that this is one of the quickest decisions I have made in my life. I don't know how long I'm going to stay, and I only packed for a week!
So I'm totally scared out of my mind right now and completely confused about where I'm headed in this crazy world, but one major concern for me this afternoon was that I didn't have any interview clothes. So mommy gave me some money before heading to the airport. She was so excited for me and so was Lexia. And my dad even called me later and congratulated me on getting an interview, and Brooks and Jacki did too.

So thing I'm thankful for today: My family.

But especially mommy because as she was driving away today in the cab, I missed her so much. I've never left my mommy, and she's never left me (except on vacation), and now she's in Georgia, and I'm in New York. And I don't like it. Not one bit. But I'm really okay because Lex is with me, and she helped me buy some good clothes today. (Thanks, Lex.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the interview went well. Any news?

8:07 AM  
Blogger Blake said...

Knock 'em dead sara!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK SARA!! (this is kristan from the far north, did you get my email?)

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are still connected to me so much! This is MOMMY by the way. Remember when you were little, about two, and you thought I was leaving when I just went into the next room? Remember that every time I put my shoes on, you would say, where are you going mommy? I couldn't get away for 5 minutes without you! And now after driving you, lovingly, everywhere for 23 years, you are sad to see me leave you in NYC. Any other 23 year old would be ecstatic to be without their parents. Just goes to show you how much you appreciate the ole mommy. Thanks a million, SA Love MOMMY

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home