Saturday, September 17, 2005

It Was So Good, I'm Going to See It Again!


The new movie "Just Like Heaven" is . . . should I say it? Just like heaven. It's my favorite new release of the whole entire year! (And probably longer than that!) It was so good! I saw it with my mom at the matinee, and walking out of the theatre after a matinee show feels great because it's still light outside -- so if you wasted 2 hours watching a crappy movie, you know you can either watch another one to make up for the first, or you can just do something completely different with the daylight hours you have left.
But if you've spent 2 hours watching a good movie, you feel wonderful, and you've only spent $5.50 doing it! Great!

ANYWAY, mommy and I both thought the movie was really good. Do you remember my previous anticipatory post? I was not disappointed. I compared the apparent premise of the movie to "City of Angels." Well. This movie kicks "City of Angels's" (?) derierre. :) The trailer is kind of confusing, but once you see the movie, you'll be happy that the trailer didn't give too much of the plot away. It's pretty clever and creative. I wonder if it's a re-make of the 1930's movie of the same name (I can't find much information on that one.).
I don't want to say much more, except . . . enjoy it. And one more thing. "Just like Heaven" was such a feel-good movie. It doesn't have any raunchy sex scenes or vulgar language -- well, I do remember maybe 2 swear words. But overall, it was very clean. It makes me want to yell at movie executives and say, "See? A blockbuster movie CAN be clean! People like to see those kinds of movies!"

While thinking about this movie earlier, I thought about Reese Witherspoon's other movies, and I have to say, I think she's been pickin' some good ones lately. I love to watch her onscreen; I think she's a great actress. She has a refreshing cheerfulness that sets her apart from other actresses, but she can still act out some heavier emotions. I'm wary to make any bold statements of favorites, but I think she's probably one of my favorite actresses. If her next few movies are exceptional, I will definitively say that she is. And her next movie is "Walk the Line," a documentary-like film about Johnny Cash. If that's as good as it looks, I think I will be making that bold statement sooner than I think.

As for the male lead in the movie, Mark Ruffalo, I'll say that he played his part well, too. I've only seen 3 of his movies, though, so I don't really know much about his acting style. I DO like his mumbling and his scruffy appearance and his sensitive charm. . . ! :)

Thing I'm thankful for: Other people's patience with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

So Sara, after you finish reading about automatic forex trading, will you see this movie again with me?

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home