Friday, January 02, 2015

Divergent

I finally saw the movie "Divergent" and thought it was pretty good. Granted, I did have low expectations and I was on a plane, so I suppose I was bound to like it, but I think I would have liked it under normal circumstances, too. It was the same basic story as most popular young adult fiction novels and movies these days -- two teenagers fall in love against the backdrop of a dysfunctional society, yada, yada, yada -- but I guess I liked the casting better than I did in say, "The Hunger Games." (I'm just sorry we won't be seeing Ashley Judd in the sequel.)

Anyway, after I watched the movie, I looked up more information about it online and found several Divergent quizzes, which I of course had to take. (You can take one, too, here: Which Divergent Faction Do You Actually Belong In?) Before I tell you my results, though, I have to say that the Dauntless faction is 0% appealing to me -- from the recklessness and violence to the form-fitting black clothes. I would never, ever in a million years pick that faction as a place to call home. So when I saw my highly scientific quiz results, I knew they were spot-on: Amity. Abnegation was a close second. Erudite* was next, then Candor. My Dauntless score was abysmal.

I'm happy with my place in society.


*What is up with people pronouncing "erudite" as "er-yuh-dite?" It sounds like there's an "i" in there before the "u," and it drives me nuts. Sure, it's listed as a secondary pronunciation in Merriam-Webster, but let's get serious -- "er-uh-dite" sounds much better. Listen: How to Pronounce Erudite.


Thing I'm thankful for: REI

2 Comments:

Blogger Aubrey said...

I watched this too last week and didn't think it was bad either!
and I thought the exact same thing about Ashley Judd!

I didn't take the quiz but I'd probably be the hippie food picking people because there is no one more scared of everything in the world than me. I am a big liar and I don't care about being smart or helping people.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

You? Scared of everything? I don't believe it. (I really don't!)

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home