Monday, May 12, 2014

ATL to ATX to ABQ

Well, you may as well know that I've moved to Albuquerque.  And am still jobless.  And sort of homeless.  So that's why I haven't blogged much in a while.  I just haven't had much going on.  But don't worry about me; I've learned some important things lately:
  • How to pay attention to my deep-down feelings.
  • How to pray about hard things.
  • How to ignore the haters.  Haha.  But seriously, I think a lot of life is learning how to not let other people bulldoze over your own personality and intuition, etc., etc.
  • How to open up to the people who can help you realize your ideas.
  • How to correctly spell "Albuquerque."  It's a real skill, people.  Just try to spell it right now; I bet it's tough.  I'll give you a tip, though; you can shorten it to"ABQ." It's an incredible time-saver.
This is a difficult time for me, but when is a move not difficult for me?  I'm doing my best to stay positive, though, and there are definitely wonderful facets to this place called New Mexico.  I'll tell you all about them as I go.  Here's one thing: mountains!



Thing I'm thankful for: my mom and pops.  They're pretty much the best.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen Alice said...

Atta girl.
(Also, those mountains are seriously THE BEST.)

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Kevin said...

We'll miss you in Austin, but there are a lot of fun things to do near there, especially if you like hiking and mountains. It's in the West, though, which means it's dry, which means no clouds and sparse trees, which means you definitely need a good hat!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Thanks, Gretchen. Thanks, Kevin. :)

9:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sara......in response to this has been a difficult time (moving)....Girl, there never was a move that was easy for anyone, I don't think. We moved so many times and many of them were company moves, meaning they packed our stuff and loaded them on a big truck, etc. And even that is not a pleasant task, there are always problems. But I will say this positive thing about moving....it makes you aware of life in so many ways that you would never know if you stayed in the same place your whole life. It makes you realize what is really important in life and prepares you for life. Nothing comes easy if it is worthwhile. I think you are brave and courageous for moving to places unknown. A modern day pioneer. Good luck and love you, Gypsy Momma Sylvia

12:09 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Words of wisdom, Sylvia -- thanks. And you're right. One big thing that I always learn and re-learn when moving is that a lot of stuff isn't that important -- stuff like extra clothes and shoes, books, movies, etc. I am trying to clear out my life of extra things, and this move is helping me do that!

1:10 PM  
Blogger dallin+michelle said...

What?!?! I. Am. So. Behind...... Time for life catch up. ❤️

8:33 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Everybody's behind on this one, Michelle. I decided to move and then moved within a week and a half. :)

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home