Monday, April 15, 2013

Out of Character

Sometimes you just gotta do something out of the ordinary.  You've gotta do something outside of your comfort zone.

For me, that's a lot of somethings.

On Saturday night, it was blowing on fire with cornstarch.  Nearly everyone I was with was doing it.  I didn't want to seem boring, but I also didn't want to do it.  So I sat away from everyone and watched.  And watched.  And watched.  And then I thought, "What would Lexi do?"  What would Lexi, my hip older sister, do, if she were the one here instead of me?  So before I could talk myself out of it, I abruptly stood up and said, "I'm gonna do it!"

And this is what happened:


It was one of the two biggest flames of the night!  I was pretty impressed with myself.  My heart was gearing up toward top-beating speed, but I blew before I knew what was happening.

And sometimes, that's how life works, I guess.  Just go before you know what's happening . . .


Thing I'm thankful for: warm Spring nights

3 Comments:

Blogger Aubrey said...

I love this picture. I want to post it on my picture blog.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

For some reason, my favorite part is Carrie, in the background. :)

2:02 PM  
Blogger cardlady said...

WHAT?

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home