Monday, July 30, 2012

I Miss My Family

Driving back to Austin today was sad.  I fought back some serious tears along I-35 and felt a deep melancholy in my soul as I drove into my apartment complex.  I hate saying goodbye to my family, especially my nieces and nephews.  Feeling their little arms around my neck and hearing them say "I love you" is one of my favorite things in the whole world.

There are two things that helped me not to cry:
  1. Unpacking my suitcase.
    I find unpacking to be so satisfying.  I always finish it before the day is done, and somehow, it makes me feel better.  I guess cleaning and organizing, in general, helps me feel better.  I should do that more.
  2. Watching "Anne of Green Gables."
    Lexi and I watched the first part when she was here.  I watched the second part tonight.  "Anne" always reminds me of home.

And then after I did those two things, I cried.  :/



Thing I'm thankful for: swimming in San Antonio

2 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

We miss you too, chickadee! We really enjoyed your visit and the nice things you did for the grandkids. You are very sweet and special. I know you will have a great family of your own someday! Love YOU MOMMA

7:14 AM  
Blogger doopadee said...

This is your sister posting a comment on your blog through Adam's computer. You should have called me on your drive home - I was available. PLEASE don't start "Anne of Avonlee" without me because I want to watch it with you at Thanksgiving! Summer said they're coming to New York (and mom and dad said they might come too)! Can't wait to see you then! You better be here or else I'm disowning you as your sister!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home