Thursday, February 22, 2007

Valentine's Day Party!

I've never had a date on Valentine's Day, and I really don't mind that. My expectations are pretty low. I still like to have fun, though. So this year I decided that I would make something happen on Valentine's Day; I'd throw a party. When I asked people whether they would come to a party on V-Day, I actually got a lot of crap about it. People thought it would be lame, especially if I put hearts everywhere and decorated in pink. I wavered for about a week, but decided that was silly. I was going all out for my party (or as out as my cashflow would allow) -- heart stickers, sugar cookies in the shape of X's and O's, music about love -- the works.

All in all, I'd say it was a fun party, and I realized that night how much I love having parties. Creating some time and space for people to mix and mingle is my idea of fun. It makes me happy -- as do the following pictures (Thanks to Sally for taking a lot of them; sometimes I hate being the person with the camera . . .).




See All V-Day Party Pictures.


Thing I'm thankful for: people who come to my party. Thanks, friends!

1 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Jones said...

It's interesting to me that everyone looks rosy... :) I had a BLAST - and that's what I needed to kind of snap me out of my funk.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home