Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Radio was Actually Good this Morning

I spent the night at my parents' house last night, so in order to get to work on time today, I had to leave their house at about 6:15. Of course I didn't actually leave until 6:30, but I wouldn't be me if I wasn't running late.

Anyway, I didn't listen to the radio until the last 45 minutes of my 2-hour drive because Atlanta radio stations are generally ridiculous now. I mean, just in the last week, I whittled my set radio stations down from 8 to 6, and really, I don't even listen to all of those. Peach 94.9 became a country station right in the middle of the Christmas season, 105.3 the Buzz usually plays crap rock (that's one of my genre classifications), and 96 Rock became this weird "Project 9-6-1" thing. Weird. Basically, I think good radio is a thing of the past, and it started dying in Atlanta when our Golden Oldies station was discontinued. :(

But thankfully, we still have a few decent stations, and this morning, there was a trio of perfect songs just as I was making my way off of I-20 and onto I-85. First it was Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun," and I was in awe of Chris Cornell's wonderful voice (as usual). Next up was Weezer's "Sweater Song." And at the tail end, it was Radiohead's "Karma Police." Brilliant. Just brilliant. Add a little general news from NPR, and you've got a perfect morning on the radio. Well, I did, anyway. It was enough of a surprise to blog about. :)

Thing I'm thankful for: evening naps. Or "sleeps," as I like to call them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacki said...

Isn't that crazy about 94.9 switching right in the middle of their Christmas run? I was so upset! Not really the best timing. I would like to see what new law passed or who's ownership expired for all the changes to happen.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home