Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Season 7, Baby!


I'm so excited. I can't really contain myself. I'm smiling just thinking about the season 7 release of my favorite show, "Seinfeld." I was going to buy it the day after Thanksgiving, but thought it'd be just as cheap after Christmas -- hm . . . what a silly post-Thanksgiving shopping novice I was. It was nearly $40 at both Wal-Mart and Target yesterday. Yesterday! The day after Christmas!

Luckily, I remembered the incredible prices at Sam's Club. So I went there right after work, and although the DVD set was more expensive than I thought it'd be, it was still cheaper than I had seen so far. I decided to get it and use it as a kind of conditioned stimulus. Anytime I think about watching an episode (which is pretty much every night), I have to do some studying for the GRE. See, I like the show so much, that I use it as a reward for myself.

Here's to a good exam score!


Thing I'm thankful for: DVD's. Think about the bulkiness of a TV show on VHS. Yuck.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that impressive. I wouldn't be able to discipline myself enough to do that!! And I really should because I am taking it on Feb 10th...oh the studying that needs to be done...I need to find a way to trick myself into studying!!!

I like to shop at Costco for the same reason, things just seem to be a bit cheaper there. And it's worth the hassle of shopping there for the lower prices...and there amazing return policy.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

It took me a while to figureout why you had a picture from the Wizard of Oz on this post.

Seinfeld. Boo. Glad I'm not home right now. :)

(My word verification is "segod." Huh.)

11:02 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Oops. Typo.

11:02 AM  
Blogger jet said...

Using a DVD as a reward is a brilliant idea! I use chocolate - oh wait, I use chocolate as a non-reward too...hmmm... I wish you were here. Yes, I realize this is a long random thought, but everything I've said is true!

2:54 AM  
Blogger jet said...

Using a DVD as a reward is a brilliant idea! I use chocolate - oh wait, I use chocolate as a non-reward too...hmmm... I wish you were here. Yes, I realize this is a long random thought, but everything I've said is true!

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home