Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, folks -- it's that time of year, again. The time where I stay up until the wee hours of the morning baking pies. Tonight it's pumpkin pie as usual, and I was supposed to get to the pecan pies tonight, but it didn't happen. So I'll have to wake up early to do it.

But before I do, I wanted to express some gratitude -- because what else do you do when it's dark outside and quiet all around and pies are in the oven?

Things I am thankful for:

  • A job. First and foremost, a job.
  • Quietness, or as a friend recently called it -- the "quiet slice[s] of life."
  • My 15 nieces and nephews.
  • The ability to read.
  • Compliments from people I respect and admire.
  • My new Winter coats.
  • Christmas music.
  • A home.
  • My daily walk to and from work.
  • A body that (mostly) works.
  • Modern dentistry.
  • Milk -- that wonderful, glorious drink that goes with everything.
  • Rain in California.
  • Fresh flowers.
  • My family. Always, always my family. (MommyDaddy, Cami, Summer, Brooks, Blake, Lexi, and all your spouses -- I love you.)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope it's a good one.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Marriott said...

I'm thankful for your blog. Without it, we'd hardly know ya. And, that would be a shame. Enjoy your day and your pie and your family and, maybe, even a little quiet.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home