Well, folks -- it's that time of year, again. The time where I stay up until the wee hours of the morning baking pies. Tonight it's pumpkin pie as usual, and I was supposed to get to the pecan pies tonight, but it didn't happen. So I'll have to wake up early to do it.
But before I do, I wanted to express some gratitude -- because what else do you do when it's dark outside and quiet all around and pies are in the oven?
Things I am thankful for:
- A job. First and foremost, a job.
- Quietness, or as a friend recently called it -- the "quiet slice[s] of life."
- My 15 nieces and nephews.
- The ability to read.
- Compliments from people I respect and admire.
- My new Winter coats.
- Christmas music.
- A home.
- My daily walk to and from work.
- A body that (mostly) works.
- Modern dentistry.
- Milk -- that wonderful, glorious drink that goes with everything.
- Rain in California.
- Fresh flowers.
- My family. Always, always my family. (MommyDaddy, Cami, Summer, Brooks, Blake, Lexi, and all your spouses -- I love you.)
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope it's a good one.