Sunday, February 24, 2013

High Noon, Part 2

I have continued to think about High Noon for the last couple of days.  Themes from the movie have trickled into nearly every part of my mind.  I can't quite explain it.  The best I can say is that learning about something really energizes me.  It motivates me to a degree that nearly nothing else does, and when I use my brain for learning, life is happier.  My mood is happier.

I've heard this phrase from time to time: "To know is to love."  It's usually spoken in reference to people, but I think it generally applies to ideas as well.  Where did this phrase come from?  In my effort to uncover the source, I found this quote from Aldous Huxley, the English novelist who wrote Brave New World:
We can only love what we know, and we can never know completely what we do not love.  Love is a mode of knowledge.
This is an amazing concept to me and one that I fully agree with.  To me, the point of knowing is to love, and love begets a desire to know.

I think this is how God knows his children so completely -- because he loves them so completely.  And everything he knows is used for us.  Somehow.  I don't quite understand it, but I feel that it is true.


Thing I'm thankful for: good conversation

1 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

Most excellent, Smart Sara!♡☆♡

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home