Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Last Meal

I feel like I'm so serious lately. All I ever think to blog about has to do with weighty issues . . . So to put a break on that, I'm posting on a topic near and dear to my heart: food.

Recently, MSN.com featured an article about famous criminals' last meals, and I thought about what mine would be. I knew that my meal would be standard American fare -- what can I say? I'm a true product of the U.S.A. But which meal to choose? Yummy breakfast foods like pancakes, French toast, sausage, fruit, and a tall glass of cold milk? OR a Thanksgiving spread: turkey, stuffing, corn, green beans, rolls, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes with brown sugar sauce, and pumpkin pie?

Essentially, I had to choose between breakfast and dinner. Sweet and fruity or savory and full of vegetables? Hmmmm . . . Tough call.

I'm going to say the Thanksgiving meal, though. It is most assuredly my favorite food. I could eat it year round and not get tired of it. Really and truly. Maybe I'll experiment on that next year . . . :)

Readers, what would be your last meal? Do tell.


Thing I'm thankful for: prayer.

6 Comments:

Blogger Saule Cogneur said...

For a change, I'm going to be generic:
Steak, asparagus, and potatoes.

mmmmmmm

4:13 AM  
Blogger Jason Kesler said...

Don't you mean Freedom Toast?
Last meal = pizza, pizza, and more pizza.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Beijing duck, weinerschnitzel, fish and chips and a side of waffles, all washed down with a pint of Ben & Jerry's Karmel Sutra.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Dracoverde said...

Mine would be a purely Brazilian meal. A huge plate of feijoada, a chicken done up like the Brazilians do (churrasco), a plate of tropical fruits, a potatoe, carrot and beet salad, and pitchers of passion fruit juice and cashew apple juice.

8:36 PM  
Blogger David and Jessica Wakefield said...

I love soooo many different foods. I can't even think of what my favorite would be. Maybe I would order a mixture of everything!!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

Mine would be a huge plate of my grandmother's spaghetti!
And I love that Norman Rockwell picture!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home