Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Every Human Emotion

I'm nearly five years late, but in this case, late really is better than never. That is, I just started reading -- listening to, rather -- Born A Crime, the autobiography of Trevor Noah. I'm only into it by a couple of chapters, but it's one of the best nonfiction books I've read/listened to in . . . well, maybe my life. Noah had me crying and laughing at the same time. It's truly gut-wrenching content, but he adds just enough humor to let his words sit with you a while in wonder.

If you only read one chapter of one book this year, let it be the first chapter of this book. It's called "Run," and it'll make you feel every human emotion.

That is all.


Thing I'm thankful for: comedians, who, incidentally, my dad once said were some of the most intelligent people on the planet. I quite agree.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jstar said...

Yes! This book (especially the audiobook) was a moving mix of history, memoir, education, and sweetness (and so much funny!). I loved it.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home