Austin: The Fastest-Growing City in the U.S.
According to Forbes, anyway: 10 Fastest-Growing U.S. Cities of 2013
Pretty cool, huh? Who knew I'd be such a trendsetter when I moved here two years ago? ;)
But seriously, despite the regrets I may have had and the anxiety I went through in deciding to move here, Austin really is a fun place. I've listed things I like about it before,* but let me share some more with you:
- It's close to other big and interesting cities, such as San Antonio and Houston, which are also on the fastest-growing cities list.
- There are plenty of hike and bike trails all over the place; one of them follows the perimeter of Town Lake, which offers a great view of the cityscape.
- People here are all about recycling.
- People here are all about exercise.
- People here are all about comfortable clothing. You can wear your All-Stars to pretty much anything but church.
- There's lots of facial hair goin' on.
- It's so windy!
- Sometimes the UT campus has an inexplicable syrup smell that wafts through the air. (It's not just me, folks. This is apparently an Austin phenomenon.)
*See Thing I'm Thankful for: Austin.
Thing I'm thankful for: my gray flared cords.