Thursday, October 05, 2006

October = Irish Twins Month

What's up, people? Long time, no blog! I have about 5 sets of pictures I still have to post on here, and that story of the jellyfish is gonna have to wait a little longer, too. You see, Lexia and I have had this great blogging idea for a while now, and it's time to get it off the ground. Time is really of the essence, here, because it's October -- our birthday month!

It goes like this: My mom got pregnant with me while she was nursing Lexia (dispelling the myth that you cannot get pregnant while nursing -- nursing mothers everywhere, WATCH OUT!), and 363 days later, I was born. So Lexia and I are the same age for 2 days in the year. Cool, huh? In our formative years, she watched out for me a lot. She was the assertive older sister, and she invited me to hang out with her and her friends. Since around the middle of my college days, though, I think things have turned around a little bit. I'm more independent (as far as that goes for humans, anyway) than I have ever been. But most of the time, she tries things out first and then explains it all for me later, usually by way of a diagram or flow chart (Remember, she's an artiste.).

Ever the trend-setter and original thinker, Lexia had a really great blog idea one day in July of this year. I rounded out the idea because I'm a good follower and supporter, and here we are almost 2 months later, giving you what we call Irish Twin month. To get the idea, you can follow the string of e-mails that we used to communicate the idea to each other:


Lexi's E-Mail to Sara, July 18th, 2:04 p.m.:
Maybe you could write [a post] sometime if you want to. It doesn't have to be for this theme. I'm thinking of devoting a month to my future kids. You could write a great post then. You know what, though, I kind of want to keep talking about this subject because the end of the month is approaching and I don't feel finished yet. Maybe I'll extend it.

I've thought about us having a post together. Or, having you post comments on my blog a lot -- a sisters theme. Maybe we could do Sisters one month.


Sara's E-Mail to Lexi, 6:12 p.m.:
In order to drive traffic to both of our blogs, we should capitalize on this sisters theme. Here's how I see it: We pick a topic, and without talking about it, you post your thoughts on your blog, and then link to mine. I'll do the same. Like this:

Lexi and Sara on (Bees):

Bees are really cool. I like bees a lot. Sometimes they're a little bit scary, though, because they sting you. It hurts. Apparently I really like bees because when I was little, I wore a bumble bee swimsuit.

Now read Lexi's thoughts. (The words "Lexi's thoughts" would link to your post.)

See? Then you would do the same thing, but have a link to my blog. It's really a great idea, and I'm glad you included me!

Love you.
Love,
Me.

P.S. I'm havin' a thought. Maybe we should come up with themes in the next couple of weeks, and then August can be the Sisters theme. Or maybe we can just do it whenever we want. We could even do a future husband one for this month. Won't it be so interesting to see how different our posts are? People will love yours more, probably. :(


Lexi's E-Mail to Sara, 6:43 p.m.:
YOU'VE DONE IT!!! You resolved my issue. You see, my initial thought was to put both posts on one page (to compare and contrast of course). But this would either have to make my blog have both posts and yours have nothing, or both of our blogs posting the same two posts. The latter is just reduntant and not interactive. So, by clicking a link to your blog, YOU get traffic and I (also capitalized for stress, but I couldn't double capitalize an already capitalized letter) get traffic. HURRAH!!!

Maybe these emails could be posted as a way to explain to our viewers how such brilliant thoughts develop. It could be like a study for pyschologists to unravel the innerworkings of genius minds! Yes, I wrote that last paragraph knowing it might go on my blog...but not the first one.

So, what should our first subject bee? How 'bout what you look like in that swimsuit?
:o)
Lex


Now read Lexi's post on Irish Twins Month.*

*Note: There are incriminating photos of me on her blog. Let this be a sign to all you readers that I am an honest blogger. I may write and look silly a lot of the time, but at least I'm sharing parts of myself with you -- something I believe adds to solid journalism.

Thing I'm thankful for: fulfilling work.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you look unhappy in that picture with your YELLOW JACKET bathing suit on - but you're sooo adorable!!! Love the little pigtails! :)

~Jennifer

5:57 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Love the idea ladies!! L-O-V-E Love it!!!! I will stay tuned... I can't wait!!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are great!! It makes me wish I had a sister so I could do something fun like that...

Sara, those pics were adorable!!! I love them! I love you!!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home