Thursday, October 19, 2006

Irish Twin Designs

To give you an example of just how in-tune Lexi and I are with each other, and to show you where all those hours of creative kid energy led us, I'm posting an image of something I designed last night. It started out as a Web page header that someone from my work created. It was okay, but a little busy for my taste (Lexi and I are pretty minimalist.). There were purples and oranges and slightly transparent greens going on. So I e-mailed it to Lexi, and she and I worked separately, but simultaneously, in Fireworks to make our own improvements.

This is the fruit of my labors:


I know it's not great (It was my first time using Fireworks.), and Lexi's the experienced designer, but I thought our layouts were quite similar.

Now, view the fruit of Lexi's labors.*

Thing I'm thankful for: kitchen stores, like Williams-Sonoma!


*Addendum: Lexi called me when she was done with her post so we could post these together. After she read mine, she said she was going to comment. I said I had to change something really quickly and re-post. Well, while she was writing the comment that you can see below, I was writing that very line with the asterisk beside it. Funny, huh?!?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lexia said...

Your fruit is similar to mine! They could have used your "amateur" design. You should have given them yours and then taken all the glory.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

Lovin' every minute of it!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

October's a-waning and we've only gotten four sister posts. (Although, I guess that equals about one a week.)

I'm hoping there are some birthday posts around the corner...

(That goes for you too, Lexia. In case you read this.)

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home