Wednesday, November 12, 2014

For the Love of Sweets

There's a really cute guy who works on my floor at Google. If you know me at all, you can imagine what he looks like: average height, thin-verging-on-skinny, brown hair, beard, wears a lot of hoodies and sneakers. Every time I see him, I get a little shy -- in a way I haven't since college.

But here's something: As cute-guy gave into his sweet tooth for the second time last Friday, I realized what had been lacking in one of my previous relationships -- a love of chocolate.* You may think it strange, but really, it makes perfect sense. I am a baker at heart.** Baking food for people brings me joy, and if my man don't like what I make for him, it just can't go nowhere!

Some people light up when they watch sports or when they talk about cars or when they go on a hike, and typically, that light is magnified when they are able to share that passion with someone close to them. That's how I feel about food, especially cookies or bread or pie. I want to share those things with the person I love, and I want the person I love to say something like, "Hey, that might be your best pie yet!"

When wrong-for-me didn't finish his piece of banana bread or took over a month to eat the cookies I made for just for him, I should've said good riddance. When he said he didn't really like sweets, I should have run for the hills. You live and you learn, I guess.


*And maybe it's more general than that -- maybe it's men who like dessert. Alls I know is that I gotta be with a guy who likes to eat food that is clearly not healthy for him.
**Fact: I have 237 pins about food on Pinterest. The next highest number is for clothes, coming in at 75 pins.


Thing I'm thankful for: acquaintances that are turning into friends maybe?

2 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

Hahaha! Great observation, Sara. "Now we're getting somewhere."

12:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was sold on Zeb's family when I joined them in eating pound cake for breakfast.

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home