Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tender Mercies

Big problems are hard, but sometimes it's the little things that push you over the edge. One of the little things was having all of my earrings stolen. I got my ears pierced only two years ago, and in the two years since, I have found only one pair of perfect hoop earrings. They weren't too big, and they weren't too small. They were, as Goldilocks exclaimed, "Juuuust right!"

I found them at Payless about 6 months ago. Tuesday, when I was alone and thus jumpy and restless, I went to the nearest Payless to see whether I could find those perfect hoops again. I knew I was hoping against hope, so when I walked in, I didn't go straight to the earrings. I meandered through the racks of shoes and tried on a couple of pairs. Finally, I went to the earrings, and immediately spotted those perfect hoops. There was even a nice big pair of CZ studs as well. I was happy.

Even though it's the little things that sometimes push you over the edge, it's also the little things that can bring you back.


Thing I'm thankful for: your blog comments yesterday. Thanks, guys.

1 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

Yay for the sameness at Payless! I was going to get you some silver hoops, not too big, not too small, just right! lol

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home