Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Day's Worth of Music

Aldous Huxley is credited with saying, "After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

It's true, is it not? Today, I went through a range of emotions -- exhaustion, happiness, guilt, frustration, anxiety, joy, more frustration, sadness, regret, and worry. (Many of those feelings were associated with organizing a church activity . . .) You name it, I probably felt it. Well, I wasn't ever angry. So that's good. :)

I didn't quite know what to do with myself most of the time, so I did what I often do when that happens: I listened to music. It really has a way of helping me cope with life. These are the songs that got me through the day:
I mean, you can tell my emotions were all over the map today just by looking at that selection. Oy. :/


*Radiohead is coming to Austin this Spring. Tickets are sooo expensive, but I'm considering purchasing one, anyway, because Radiohead speaks to my soul. :)

**Bach is probably my favorite composer. I almost hate to say it because I love so many others, but c'mon -- you have to admit that he was pretty rockin' back in the 18th century. Check out Toccata and Fugue in D Minor.


Thing I'm thankful for: my roommate Desi. She helps me out a lot in high-stress situations. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

What church activity were you working on? And why the stress?

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home