Tuesday, October 25, 2011

April in October


My friend April came to visit this week, and I loved every second of it. We went to a mid-singles conference, where we chewed the fat, cruised around Lake Austin, roller skated, and played air hockey. We also laughed a lot and ate a lot of food. What could be better?

April is from Valdosta, Georgia, a mid-size town about 4 hours south of Atlanta. She has a genuine genteel Southern drawl, and everyone loved hearing her speak. She is the kind of friend who is easy to be around; it's not really work at all to maintain a good connection with her. I love those kind of friends. I had as much fun with her as soon as I picked her up from the airport as I did the last time I saw her.

Here's something funny, though: All of my friends said I sounded Southern this weekend. I guess I was mimicking April's South Georgia accent or something . . . Or maybe I actually did pick up somewhat of a Southern accent in my 18 years of living there. I thought I was so successful at maintaining a nondescript Oklahoma accent . . . Hm.


Thing I'm thankful for: April!

2 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

Glad you are having fun with good friends. Love MOM
Me? drarring, drarring, drarring.

2:56 PM  
Blogger kyns said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun! That picture made me smile. :)
Don't worry though, April makes me talk southern too.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home