Monday, November 08, 2010

I am Iron Man

No, not really. I was Pepper Potts, though. For Halloween. I know, I know -- I was a character played by Gwyneth Paltrow last year. What can I say? I like her characters. And I like Pepper Potts from the new Iron Man movie. So I decided to be her for Halloween, and in order to get the complete look, I had to dye my hair red. I used a non-permanent color, and this was the result (Those are my friends Lina, Brandy, and Jackie.):


I think I looked pretty similar to Paltrow. See?


The only thing I didn't have time for was curling my hair. That would have made the costume perfect. Would you like to know the top two responses to my costume?
  1. "Where's your Iron Man?" :(
  2. "Your hair looks really good like that!" :)
Apparently reddish hair suited me. So the next day, I bought a box of Nice 'n' Easy Natural Reddish Blonde hair color. My friend Brandy dyed it for me. It did not look like a natural reddish blonde.

To make a long story short, I kept the red. I went to a salon to have them even out the color a bit and add some blonde highlights. This is what my hair looks like now (Please disregard that this is a bathroom-mirror shot and that I was really tired when I took it.):


What do you think, Busy Nothing readers? People who know me have extremely different responses. Some like it a lot, some like it okay, and some don't like it at all and have no problem telling me so, which I don't actually mind. As for me -- I think it's okay. Just okay. I'm having somewhat of an identity crisis. I don't really recognize myself in the mirror, anymore. I mean, I don't feel like me. But it will grow out, and I think I need practice with change, anyway.


Thing I'm thankful for: long e-mail conversations with my family.

7 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Jones said...

I think you look beautiful. :) I thought so anyway - but I will admit I do like it better a bit darker - and that little highlight is very nice. :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Em T said...

I'm on the it's ok boat with you. I do however love the halloween color and Gwen's color.

Actually, let me rephrase that. I just realized while looking at it, that I would probably be raving about it if I hadn't seen the halloween pic first.

It does look great. You're totally rockin it. I think I would prefer the strawberry blonde longterm, but this is a nice, sassy change.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Barry said...

Wow, I like it! Of course I am partial to red but it looks great on you!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

I like it- looks good!

10:58 AM  
Blogger David and Jessica Wakefield said...

As I like to say...hair always grows back! I really like it and change can be good sometimes.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Keely & Joel said...

Love it!! The world needs more redheads:)

6:52 AM  
Blogger Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think in person I would love it though...I can see you pulling off the red thing really well. And if you decide you don't--it's just hair. It grows and can be dyed again. Trust me, remember I was Barbie blonde once!! And P.S. I'm DYING to know what the decision was from your most recent post. And yes, change is good.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home