Friday, March 26, 2010

Sleeves!

I don't understand why it's so difficult to find dresses with sleeves! There are a few places I've found, but all in all, I'd say I've seen maaaybe 50 dresses that have sleeves. Maybe. A lot of times, too, dresses with sleeves are too short, so if one area of my body is properly covered up, another is not.

It's absolutely ridiculous. Why does everyone want all their dresses to be sleeveless. That look is so boring to me. With sleeves, the possibilities are endless! You can have half sleeves, three-quarter sleeves, gathered and oh-so-slightly puffed sleeves, long sleeves big sleeves, fitted sleeves. The list goes on and on! With sleeveless dresses, you basically only have four styles to work with: big straps, spaghetti straps, halters, and strapless. BORING!

Designers, you're out!


Thing I'm thankful for: umm, dresses with sleeves.

7 Comments:

Blogger michele said...

I'm with you, Sara! I've seen so many dresses that I would have bought if they had had sleeves.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I do hate spaghetti straps. They make me look like a trucker.

Have you ever been to modcloth.com?

They have lots of cute things with sleeves. Unfortunately, they can be a little pricier.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Dracoverde said...

I'm glad that as a dude its all T-shirts and polo's for me if I'm not wearing a long sleeve shirt. Hope you find success in the search for fun, modest fashion.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Saule Cogneur said...

While I'm a big fan of shoulders, I understand your concern.

Maybe you should move somewhere cold...you know...if the opportunity presents itself.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Saule Cogneur said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Lexia said...

Yeah, and green sleeves...

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Oh Snap! said...

I love dresses that are sleeveless, though I hate that they are always falling down and I constantly have to adjust the top! But I guess it all depends on which part of your body you want to show off, your collarbone, back, etc..

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home