Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Holiday Movies

After reading Ashley's post a couple of nights ago, I decided to give you a run-down on my favorite Christmas movies. I love watching them with my family around the holidays. It never gets old.

So here they are, in no particular order, really, and they're each preceded by my favorite quotes.

"Ha, ha! My mouth's bleedin', Burt! My mouth's bleedin'! Zuzu's petals! Zuzu's petals!" -- George Bailey

"It's a Wonderful Life" -- Ah, an all-time classic. I love, love, love this movie. What can I say about it? It's just . . . perfect.


"Gideon can make it so Dad's not dead anymore!" -- Abbie Grainger

"One Magic Christmas" -- I think this probably came on the Wonderful World of Disney the Saturday before Christmas. My family watched it every year. Not a lot of people are familiar with it, but it's a feel-good movie. One thing interesting to me about this movie is that Mary Steenburgen's character wears a mauve puffy coat, and my mom always used to wear a mauve puffy coat. So this movie reminds me of my mom.


"Well, this is just a reel nice su-prise, Clark. A reeel nice su-prise." -- Uncle Eddie

"Christmas Vacation" -- I think I like watching this movie with my dad the best. Since it's kind of risque sometimes, my dad likes to pretend that he's appalled. But he LOVES this movie. LOVES it.


"KEVIN!" -- Mrs. McAllister, the mother

"Home Alone" -- I think my mom and dad took Blake, Lexi, and me to see this on Thanksgiving. I always liked it, but my mom LOVES it. She always laughs like she's seeing it for the first time.


"Fra-JILL-ay -- sounds exotic." -- The Old Man

"A Christmas Story" -- I think this is probably a universal Christmas classic. I don't think I know anybody who doesn't like this movie. No -- No, I don't.


"I -- I'd like to stroke it!" -- Tiny Tim

"A Christmas Carol" -- the 1938 version, I think. The above line was one of the first lines I remember quoting from a movie and absolutely relishing in impersonations.


"That's exactly what Attila the Hun said, but when he saw his mother? Niagra Falls!" -- The Ghost of Christmas Past

"Scrooged" -- I can't remember what this is rated, but my oldest sister gave it to me for Christmas the year I was 9, maybe. My dad of course thought that was a completely inappropriate for a 9-year-old, and I must say that my 25-year-old self agrees with him. I remember being a tad ashamed that it was my movie, and I still sometimes feel naughty for watching it. But it is a pretty good twist on the class Christmas Carol. Besides, who doesn't like Bill Murray?

What are YOUR favorite holiday movies? Which ones did you watch over and over again with your family?

Thing I'm thankful for: Christmas movies, of course!

1 Comments:

Blogger Leezy Lindsey said...

Two of my favoirte Christmas movies are Prancer and White Christmas.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home