Thursday, December 21, 2006

First Pedicure

That's right, folks. I got a pedicure today. Two of my co-workers had been wanting me to try it for months. In order to get out of it when they went about 3 months ago, I promised I would do it "next time." Well, next time came.

Why did I not want a pedicure so much? Because I'm ashamed of my feet. They're really big. I wear a women's shoe size 12 W and sometimes WW. I have long finger toes. I can pick stuff up with them. I had ingrown toenails when I was younger. People used to make fun of my feet. I was called "Sasquatch" numerous times. My so-called best friend told me I could going snow-shoeing without the snow shoes. :(

I mean, don't get me wrong -- my feet aren't all hairy and gross like many men's feet. But women are supposed to have "cute" feet. They're supposed to wear pretty sandals and get their toenails painted. Well, I've only painted my toenails about 3 times in my entire life, and the paint was a nude/beige color. I don't like to draw attention to my feet.

But with some prodding from my co-workers, I gave in. And here's what I think:
  1. The massage chair was super-nice.
  2. The leg massage was super-nice.
  3. Once I got through the first 5 minutes, I wasn't as embarrassed about my big feet as I thought I'd be.

It was okay. But I didn't absolutely love it like it seems a lot of girls do. I might get one again before I go swimming during the summer or something. But I don't even show my feet much anyway, so it's maybe a waste of money? I dunno. I'd get one again, though.

One bonus of the experience: My pedicurist told me I had really soft skin. (That's because I don't let it see the light of day, usually.) :)

Thing I'm thankful for: the function of my feet, even though I don't like the way they look.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Hehe, good post, Sara. I have never had a pedicure either. Don't know, I don't think I show enough gratitude for me feet overall. I don't massage them or put lotion on them, but they get to carry me all day and when I sprained my ankle a little while back I realized how incredibly important they are... Hm, maybe I should try a pedicure? You got me thinking here, Miss Snow!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been taken to get a pedicure by two different people. I love the way my feet look afterwards, but I Freak Out while they're massaging my legs and especially my feet. It's hard for me to stay still because I don't think it feels good. I really try though! So all in all. I'd do it again, but it's not my fav.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Sara, I think that the more pedicures you get the more you will love your feet. That is what I did. Ok, a little confession, I have yellow toe nails and hairy feet, but I spent money on pedicures and now I think my feet are kind of cute. Whew! That felt good getting off my chest!

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home