Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Carpet or Hardwood?

I was planning on doing a series of posts posing a this-or-that question. I started with Deep Sea or Space, but never really got around to doing anything else.

Finally, though, I have one: carpet or hardwood?

Although hardwood floors are cleaner and timeless, I have to admit that I like carpet better. There's no denying that I want 6-inch mahogany panel floors in my future dreamhouse, but if I had to choose between hardwood forever or carpet forever, I would choose carpet. I love to sit on the floor, and let's face it, carpet is much more comfortable for that kind of thing. And that's what it boils down to, folks. I like to sit on the floor, so I like carpet better.

What about you? Would you choose carpet or hardwood?


Thing I'm thankful for: good friends who listen to me drone on about silly things.

4 Comments:

Blogger kelly said...

hardwoods for sure. i'm biased though, i have 3 cats, one of which has a bladder issue. carpet is sooooo hard to keep clean, hardwoods are easy and still look good even if you haven't swept in awhile.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of hardwood myself. I think that you can put really comfy rugs down if you are feeling carpety, but in general I love the feel of having hardwood floors in a room and it's so much nicer to keep them clean.

I know this wasn't an option...but I also really enjoy tile too. :)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

I like hardwoods better. They do get really dusty fast, but they are charming.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Give me the deep, open sea and hardwood floors.

Sick. I don't want to even think about the creatures living in carpet.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home