Friday, July 21, 2006

Look-Alikes

I hear this a lot: "You know, you look like [insert celebrity name here]." Or "You remind me of . . ." The thing is, is that I remind others of completely different people. Check it out -- these are the people I've been repeatedly told I resemble:

Gwyneth Paltrow -- that's cool. I think it's the nasal tone of my voice.


Heather Burns -- best remembered as her blonde character from "Miss Congeniality," Cheryl Frasier, Miss Rhode Island. Yeah, I think that fits -- it's the whiny voice.


Laura Prepon -- Hm. I think it's because she's tall and has a low voice, and I'm tall and have a low voice. Weird thing is, my sister Lexia has been compared to her too.


Napoleon Dynamite -- Uhhhh. It's the voice inflection. And the droopy eyes. :(


Thing I'm thankful for: that I've mostly gotten Gwyneth Paltrow. Yesss. I don't think I resemble her now, although I might have when I was a younger, tan, thin high schooler. :(

10 Comments:

Blogger Lexia said...

I also get Gwynie. I think it's that we're relatively tall, fair, girls with deep voices. Not to mention our clever wit. GOSH!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah, I ALWAYS get mistaken for Angelina Jolie.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Lauren, now that's just silly. You don't even look like Angelina Jolie!

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well - I saw that it was these are the people I kind of resemble... and so I scrolled down and I was like yeah I can see it! (with Gwyneth and the second chick a little less so)... but the other ones.. I don't know... ;) I don't get that I look like anyone - although Ashiz did pick a picture of Natalie Portman to represent me. :)

~Jennifer

8:38 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I was kidding. Geez. 'Cause I don't think you look like any of these people. Maybe Donna. Maybe.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I can see the Gwyneth resemblance. The Laura Prepon...less so. The others, not at all.

When I was in High School my friends' mothers used to say I looked like John Lennon. I guess it was the glasses and the long hair. Other than the Frodo and Harry Potter comparisons in Panama, I don't get compared to anyone anymore.

10:14 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

When I was walking to class one day in downtown, this homeless guy told me I looked like the daughter on the show Roseanne. You know, the one w/ curly hair? It hurt my feelings.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I can totally see how you look like Gwyneth Paltrow. When I casually scrolled down your site and just glanced over that picture you posted of her, I thought (before reading anything): "Hey, what a great picture of Sara), looked closer and it was labeled Gwyneth Paltrow. No, really. Admitted, the deception was a second long, but there are similarities.
You are cute on your very own terms, though.

Interesting connection you make with voices, though. I have never thought about whether I sound like anyone else. Do I?

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone told me once that I sound like this radio show person from here in Columbus... That was the first time someone said I sounded like someone..

OH WAIT! Ally told me that when I'd read scriptures in Institute and she wasn't looking, she would think I was her older sister. Like I sounded like her.. weird.

~Jennifer

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brigham barnes used to be my neighbor at BYU

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home