Monday, May 15, 2006

The Tennesse Aquarium

In mid-March, Michael and I went to the Tennessee Aquarium. Wait a second -- we live in Atlanta, home to the world's largest indoor aquarium . . . What were we doing in Tennessee, you ask? It's not easy to get tickets to the Georgia Aquarium less than a week in advance. So we just decided to take a day trip to Chattanooga. It was fun!

Mr. I'm-So-Cool (Who wouldn't be, with a mohawk and a Bruce Lee shirt? But apparently there was another Mr. Cool in Chattanooga with the same exact shirt!)


First we saw the rays. They weren't the stinging kind.


You could pet the rays, then dry your hands in a shark's mouth . . .


What's a butterfly garden doing at an aquarium? It was nice, though -- and tough to catch a picture!


Speaking of tough pictures, these little suckers were difficult to capture on film as well. Otters are SO fast! After watching them have so much fun in the water, I couldn't make up my mind about which animal I would be if I had to choose -- a cat or an otter . . . Hmmm.


Fun!


The Tennessee Aquarium basically has one very large aquarium. It has some other little ones, but there is only one huge one. But it's pretty cool because there are a bunch of different views you can look from.




These are jellyfish, but I can't remember what kind.




I forgot what these fish are called, but I liked the way they looked as they were swimming by.


And here they are swimming away . . .


Anyway, I had fun.

Thing I'm thankful for: long drives and good conversation.

6 Comments:

Blogger SoSoSteph said...

Let the good times ROLL!!

Loved the pictures and commentary, you should be an English major, oh wait!!!

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That jellyfish photograph is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Thanks and thanks!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh, somehow my comment never made it on here. Wonder what I did? Anyway, I like the one of the otter curling up. I have always thought that out of all animals otters seem to have most fun (though puppies are hard competition!!). Love to watch them!! A few weeks ago when we were down at the Hooch we saw some racing around. They definetely were enjoying themselves and totally oblivious to us. Cute ;o)

7:17 AM  
Blogger SoSoSteph said...

I think my favorites are the otters too, they put on the best show. I want to throw money in the tank, to you think they accept tips?

10:26 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Uh -- it's pretty much official that I'm an idiot.

I was scrolling through my blog to proofread for any writing mistakes (as I often do), and I realized that I made a complete moron of myself (as I often do) because I wrote that Michael was wearing a Jackie Chan shirt. I stumbled upon that mistake today -- why did I write that? I can't understand why. Because I very well know it's Bruce Lee. How embarrassing! :)

What I can't understand even more is why nobody pointed it out. Strange.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home