Monday, March 13, 2006

My Secret Love

Okay, it's really not a "secret" love, but not many people know that I love playing card games. I can play for hours on end. Speed, Rummy, Kings on Corner, B. S., Black Jack, Hearts, Spades, and sometimes Poker -- my favorite Poker game is Texas Hold 'Em.

Well, I learned a new card game last night called Scum. (It has several alternative names as well, like "President," "Rich Man, Poor Man," "Bum," etc.) I didn't quite get the strategy at first, but I think I picked up on it quickly because I won about 5 times in a row. Out of how many games, you ask? I dunno -- maybe 10. The point is, is that I totally rocked.

I've always loved to play cards. I especially love playing with my family because everyone is so good. So even if you stink when you're playing with the Snows, chances are you're a pretty decent player against "other people." It makes me proud. :)

How can I brag about this gift without feeling bad? Because it's one of my true loves and only game talent I have. I'm not coordinated -- I don't play sports, and I'm especially bad at team stuff because I'm not a very competitive person. But when I play cards, watch out! A whole different Sara comes out. I felt like I was verging on over-sassiness last night because pretty much the only time I get extremely competitive is when I play cards. I get really disgusted with myself if I play poorly. But if I'm playing well, I'm in top form -- full of confidence and cracking jokes left and right.

What can I say? Cards love me. And I love them.

Thing I'm thankful for: That my family at least taught me how to play cards. They forgot about teaching the 6th kid how to swim, ride a bike, play various sports . . . But at least I know how to play cards. ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Hey, a group of my friends is starting a Texas Hold 'Em night! Yay! Now if only I could get a Spades night going . . . That's my absolute favorite game.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we play spades together on that thing called the "internet"?

2:36 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

I want to play Texas Hold 'Em... watch out though, I may be a 'STD' (Snow Transplanted Daughter) but I am a pretty tough card player!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Wow. Is card playing a Mormon thing?

6:59 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Any game is a Mormon thing. Card games, board games, sports. These are all diversions from drinking. They're part of what people call "good, clean fun."

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home