Monday, December 05, 2005

Sarku Japan

Lauren and I went to Arbor Place Mall tonight. Whenever I go to Arbor Place Mall, I get chicken teriyaki from Sarku Japan. Tonight I was especially mesmerized by the frying of the chicken. I don't know why, but I can never really focus on anything else when I'm watching someone cook my food. Especially at Sarku. Because they cook SO much food SO fast.

Well, tonight I was watching "Lazarus" cook the chicken. Just before the chicken was ready to be scooped onto my styrofoam to-go box, he scooped a big, ooey-gooey clump of raw chicken out of the chicken container for the folks behind me in line. As he was moving it around a bit, I thought, "OH MY GOSH! He's going to use the same spatula to scoop my chicken on my rice! How un-hygienic! Oh noooo!" I was pretty much in the middle of an obsessive-compulsive's nightmare, when, to my surprise, Lazarus set down the raw chicken spatulas and used a different set for my chicken! How did I miss this spatula switcharoo?

But I did. And that's my story. Not a really good one, I know, but I wanted to say that I love Sarku Japan. And I LOVE how they cook their food. And I love that extra pair of spatulas.

Thing I'm thankful for: Hot chocolate on a chilly night. YUM. (Incidentally, I think a lot of the things I'm thankful for is food. Maybe I should re-think some of my "thankful for" listings.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

A lot of my "thankful for"s are weather related. Hm.

Well, off to jury duty!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Leezy Lindsey said...

I drink a cup of hot chocolate every night. I look forward to it every day.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An obsessive-compulsive's nightmare...:o). What would you have done if Lazarus HAD used the same spatula? Would you have eaten the chicken?

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home