Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Best Actor of My Generation

I just finished watching "Finding Neverland" with my mommy, and I had to say that Johnny Depp is the best actor of Generation X or Y or whatever it is. My mom agreed. My dad liked the movie, too; he even paid to watch it on a long flight! That's saying a lot. Anyway, although I could do without the movies about drugs, I think Johnny Depp has been and will be in fine form for years to come. I don't have to mention his past works of brilliancy, so I will just list what we have to look forward to -- "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)," "Corpse Bride (2005)," "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)," and "Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (2007)." Wow. That's a lot of Johnny Depp. :)

And this leads me to a question: Who do YOU think is the best actor lately? I know only few people read my blog, but a quick answer in the comment box might lead to a very informal and interesting survey. C'mon, just do it. It will be fun! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Blake said...

I'll agree with you sa. I don't particularly care for actors and rock stars usually, cause i think their kinda pompus, but J. Depp is a great actor.

"Good, but not my favorite."
- Chocolat

9:15 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

So I've been thinking about this since you posted it. I guess it depends on if you count these people in our generation, but I think Tim Robbins, Sean Penn, Gary Sinise and Don Cheadle are up there. But Johnny Depp...yeah. Definitely. Easy on the eyes, too.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Margaret (found yours through Lauren, hope you don't mind) and I would have to add Edward Norton to that list, though I wholeheartedly agree with Johnny Depp as #1. Finding Neverland was definitely one of my favorite films of last year.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnny is great but has been around for a long time. You know I love him because I used to watch him on 21 Jump Street. I also really like Adam Sandler. Although he may not be considered a great actor, he makes me laugh really hard. I love to laugh.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I'm going to agree on this one; however, there are some close calls. For example, Matt Damon could be good competition. Hmmmm... give Jimmy (fallon) a few years and he could turn out to be another Jim Carey. I have full faith in Jimmy. Jimmy, Matty, Johnny, And let's not forget Tophey. Do I have crushes on all my favorite actors, or are they my favorite actors because I have crushes on them? Whatever, I would let them date me if they asked...that's all that matters.

Lex

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home